Re: RARA-AVIS: Maltese Falcon

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 21 May 2008

Brigid O'Shaughnessy isn't a misanthrope. She's an oppressed figure who is forced to use sex to get what she wants because it is the only power she has. Even the fey Cairo has more status than O'Shaughnessy does in a male dominated world. Spade is the embodiment of a misogynist society. He fucks Brigid and degrades her, forcing her to strip in front of Gutman and company, and, in the end, he throws her to the wolves.