Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Barbara D'Amato

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 May 2008

Richard & Mario, I read her HARD EVIDENCE (a Cat Marsala mystery) a while back. IIRC, HE is set in Chicago, where BD is from. Perhaps not hardboiled, HE has sinister ele- ments (human flesh packaged and sold at your local grocer) and the writing is fine. She includes recipes but, as you can imagine, with a macabre twist.

Ed