RARA-AVIS: Pauline C. Smith

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 15 May 2008

Many years ago, when I was editing a book called MASS-MARKET PUBLISHING IN AMERICA, I wrote Pauline C. Smith a letter to ask about Chicago Paperback House so I could write a short article for the book. I got the address from CONTEMPORARY AUTHORS, I believe, and she responded with some very good info on the publisher. So she's real, unless Emerson LaSalle was using her address and responded in her stead, which I suppose is quite possible.

Bill Crider