RARA-AVIS: Re: But Seventeen with a Bullet!

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 May 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@...> wrote:
<<In fact, it might be fun to investigate some of the sillier author pics and bios out there. Although, as I said before, what's in a novel's author bio (or photo) should never matter more than what's on the actual pages.>>

There was one of Robert B. Parker looking fat in a bomber jacket. I guess he wanted to go for the tough biker look. If so, very off target. He couldn't possibly look menacing.

On the other hand, Ross Thomas used what looks like a generic "file photo". He looks like somebody's father way back when.

On the other hand, Elmore Leonard's photos show him as he is, getting old, with "writer" written all over him.

Best,

mrt