RARA-AVIS: Re: He's Not Really a Mad Dog; He Just Plays One in People Magazine

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 May 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeltserman" <dave@...> wrote:

> Kevin, I'm sorry, I can't resist commenting on your note about schtick
> and fake personas, and I know it's been a few years since we met, and
> while you're maybe not the best looking guy in the world, you're
> certainly not the stonecold mean muthafucka you're trying to look like
> in your photo on your blog at:
>
> http://thrillingdetectiveblog.blogspot.com/

I put Kevin in the Shell Scott MF category... about 17 places down from MF1, the top category reserved for Dudley Smith, the Judge, and a few others. Metaphorically and literarily speaking, of course. And some of theh worst motherfuckers I've known look like your typical neighbor mowing the lawn. Lastly, Ellroy does not look or sound like a real MF. He strikes me as a very intelligent guy having a bit of fun.

Best,

mrt