Re: RARA-AVIS: Blast of Silence

From: Edward Pettit ( epetti01@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 May 2008

Gonzalo Baezawrote:
>Has anyone seen this movie? What a little noir gem.

  Yes. Had the pleasure of seeing Blast in a theatre during NoirCon in Philly last month. Mike White and Eddie Muller introduced it along with Muller's short film, The Grand Inquisitor.

  For those who haven't seen Blast, it contains a second person narration ("You walk the streets," etc) that sounds as if it's the conscience or psyche of the lead character, a hit man stalking his prey on the streets of NYC at Christmastime. It's shocking, and funny at times. Baeza's right, it's a real gem. And it's as noir as they come.

  I'm looking forward to getting the DVD so I can watch the docu and listen to the commentary. Mike White has a short review here:
   http://www.phillyfests.com/pff/film-details.cfm?c=197&id=7451
  and here's the trailer (the narration on the trailer is not from the film):
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6ao0-4Ff4

  Ed

    The Bibliothecary, a blog of literary endeavour
  The Ed & Edgar blog, my adventures in the cult of Poe
  http://bibliothecary.squarespace.com/

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.