RARA-AVIS: Richard Aleas's Songs of Innocence

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 07 May 2008

Did I already mention that I finished Richard Aleas's AKA Charles Ardai's Hard Case Crime original SONGS OF INNOCENCE? It's excellent, all the way through (minus one scene in which I was wondering whether the guy was in a memorial with a bloody shirt). It's fast-moving and exciting, and the explanation is plausible.

And it's grim - if this is not noir, then nothing is. I haven't read the previous Aleas, LITTLE GIRL LOST, but if it's as good as this, it's excellent.

Juri