Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Writers who have "disappeared" from the public eye

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 06 May 2008

In a message dated 5/6/08 2:37:46 PM, kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com writes:

> Slightly shady, highly quirky L.A. P.I. Vic was 6'7'' in his outsized
> Hawaiian shirt and was ably, albeit somewhat reluctantantly, assisted
> by Sara, an adolescent, would-be punk/poetess. He had an office on the
> wrong end of Hollywood Boulevard in a failing strip mall where he kept
> his Mac, Betsy and one of his four guns, all Police Positives. He also
> has one in his car (a pink-and-blue Nash Metropolitan), one at home,
> and an unlicensed one he sometimes carried. He also had a mean way
> with a misquotation, always circling but never quite hitting the mark.

a pink and blue Metropolitan??? that's something Audrey Hepburn would drive to Tiffany's! a 6'7" private eye in a Hawaiian shirt getting out of that thing would look like a jack-in-the-box popping open. I'm guessing this was a tongue-in-cheek series

John Lau

************** Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)