Re: RARA-AVIS: Bodies are Dust (Writers who have "disappeared")

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 06 May 2008

In a message dated 5/5/08 7:13:36 PM, jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com writes:

> Tonight I went to pick up P. J. Wolfson's Bodies are Dust at the library
> and
> when I opened the book, I noticed that someone had scrawled on the title
> page, "Very vicious--should not be in library." I laughed out loud. I
> flipped back to the fly page where the due dates are stamped and saw that
> the book had been checked out many times in the 1930s and 40s, but then I
> saw that the due date of the previous borrower, stamped just above mine, was
> March 27, 1948. No one had borrowed the book in over sixty years!
>
> Talk about your forgotten, neglected writers who have faded into obscurity.

hardboiled thought for the day: everyone who read that particular bound tome in your hands is now dead. coincidence? I think not

beware!

John Lau

************** Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)