RARA-AVIS: Jesus Out to Sea (Burke)

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 May 2008

I would like to draw attention to this outstanding collection of short stories by James Lee Burke. Having read Burke's classic _The Convict_, one of the great stories of recent decades, I expected quality, but the book surpassed my expectations. In fact, I had a distinctly Faulknerian feeling while reading some of the stories.

This is not a crime collection, but it should be of interest to members of the list who only know Burke's Robicheaux novels and would like to explore a different side of this fine writer.

Best,

mrt