Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy's early books

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 05 May 2008

I agree that the Lloyd Hopkins stuff was overwrought, and almost veered into parody at times. Ditto for Killer on the Road. I think he hit his peak with Nowhere and LA Confidential (whose plots mirror each other.), and then sort of went off the rails with White Jazz, which I haven't looked at in a long time, but I remember as almost unreadable.