Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Comics opinion

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 04 May 2008

In a message dated 5/4/08 10:08:53 AM, rick@ollerman.com writes:

> I had one other quick thought:  it's really about the style.  You
> wouldn't take a noir film script and shoot it in the bright sunshine
> with a cast that looks like they stepped off an Up With People set.
> It wouldn't come out noir.  Likewise you can't do a noir graphic novel
> in a Pokemon style and expect it to read true to the story.  The style
> of the art needs to match the tone of the script or you get something
> that, I think, most people would find difficult to read.
>
> Seriously, now I'm really done.

it doesn't need to match. it's called ironic juxtoposition. ever seen the very dark Steve Martin musical PENNIES FROM HEAVEN? incredibly bleak story, commented upon with sunny production numbers. think it may be a remake of a British film

John Lau

************** Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)