RARA-AVIS: Re: Street Kings (Is Ellroy Losing his Halo?)

From: Barton Hewett ( xgreyhound@yahoo.ca)
Date: 03 May 2008

> > "I haven't read The Cold Six Thousand yet, but I thought American
> > Tabloid was an instant classic of American literature (not just crime
> > literature), and I don't think I'm alone in that."
  I agree with you, American Tabloid is a great novel and a classic; I read The Cold Six twice and can't say it is that great. The short sentence style really grates on you after while. I would also like to say that I don't think we can really blame Ellroy for Street Kings as it took 4 screen writers to screw that up. I have a review on my web site, if any one is interested: http://www.crimescenes.ca/film2.htm

Thanks, Barton