RARA-AVIS: Re: May is Month of the Novissimi!

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 May 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <chuckelp@...> wrote:

> okay, define "new," please.
> Is Charlie Huston -- Caught Stealing; Six Bad Things; A Dangerous Man
> -- new?
> Sara Gran -- Dope; Come Closer -- new?

Sure. Falls under VG+ w/slight coffee stain in upper left corner, in other words, novissimo... I don't want to be too precise.

About Huston's _Caught Stealing_: excellent job, but why did he have to use the damn present tense? This mannerism bugged the hell out of me. Elmore Leonard has occasionally bugged me similarly with his constant gerunds. End of grammatical rant and back to our normal programming...

Best,

mrt