Re: RARA-AVIS: May is Month of the Novissimi!

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 01 May 2008

I recently read Vinnie's Head by Marc Lecard. It was an enjoyable dark comedy, but the plot didn't really make any sense. Still it was a fun enough that I didn't put it down. Half the trick with these Hiassenesque crime comedies is to make them amusing enough that the incredible coincidences and plot holes don't grate on the nerves enough to make you give up on the characters. Lecard was entirely successful in that regard, and I'll be willing to read his next work.