Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:The Golden Age of American Crime Fiction

From: Jonathan Bravard ( jon.bravard@gmail.com)
Date: 01 May 2008

Michael hits the nail squarely on it's head, when he writes of Penzler. In not reading comics/graphic novels, you miss so much. Like the work of Ed Brubaker his "Criminal" series, as well as Scene of the Crime and Sleeper, are all worth reading and would be enjoyed by all in this group, I believe.

 And yes Mickey Spillane did get his start in comic books, Captain America, Superman, and Batman amoung others I am sure.

Jon