Re: RARA-AVIS: Hit Parade

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Apr 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Patrick King <abrasax93@...> wrote:
 to rattle her.
> A few weeks ago you were waxing poetic about the style
> of Robert Leslie Bellem, so I ordered his novel, BLUE
> MURDER, from amazon. I've gotta say this may have been
> the worst book I've ever read. About half way through
> I started to wonder if Robert Leslie Bellem was
> actually Lesley Bellem. It really felt like a woman
> parodying tough it was so over-the-top.

Sorry that Bellem disappointed you... I think the guy wrote like a crazed maniac with a thesaurus and a special glossary of slang. Humor is very personal. I love Bellem's eccentric and downright crazy style and stories. I remember one where a guy was supposed to have lost his arms and legs, and made prosthetic ones in a closet, while everybody thought he was dead. Classic...

Best,

mrt