RARA-AVIS: Re: list from over-the-pond Times

From: m23to53 ( library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 22 Apr 2008

Whatever one thinks of Christie, there must be something for all her books to continually be in print. There must be quite a few authors who wish they had whatever she had. Perhaps its the lack of graphic sex, violence and language that make us here like her so much. Ian Rankine's comments were interesting. He named five greats, then added that tomorrow it could be a different five, and added that his influences were not on the list. Anyway, I think the Times list has done what it and all other best/greatest lists are meant to do. Provide a basis for argument and show that the bottom line is that's it is all very subjectiv.

John

John