RARA-AVIS: Soldato series

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 21 Apr 2008

Gonzalo,

Marvin Albert wrote the first three parts of the series, Gil Brewer wrote the next two and Albert wrote the last one. Or something to that effect. The keeper of the blog you found doesn't seem to be aware that the pseudonym Al Conroy was Marvin Albert's pseudonym. (I think this is the only case when he farmed it out and all the other Al Conroys are by him.)

I've read or skimmed through some of the books in the series, but they didn't leave much of an impression. I've noticed some people think that it's one of the best early seventies men's adventure series.

Juri