RARA-AVIS: Top 25: I'll show you mine

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Apr 2008

Sorry, Dave Z. My ranking will mess up your list so you can ignore it. I went High Fidelity on you and arranged my top-25 autobiographically.

It's cool to see how a paperback copy of Thomas Cook's Evidence of Blood got me to read American Tabloid and from there the rest is history.

Thomas H. Cook Richard Price Robert B. Parker Walter Mosley James Ellroy Cormac McCarthy Michael Connelly Raymond Chandler Lawrence Block George Pelecanos Elmore Leonard Dennis Lehane James Crumley Dashiell Hammett Charles Willeford Daniel Woodrell Jean-Patrick Manchette John Williams James Sallis Val McDermid Ken Bruen Loren D. Estleman Don Winslow Duane Swierczynski Charles McCarry