RARA-AVIS: top 25 list

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 18 Apr 2008

JDM just makes the cut for me, Prather doesn't, ESG doesn't, Donald Hamilton doesn't, Graham Greene I love but he's too far afield. Almost tempted to squeeze in Bruno Fischer instead of JDM. A lot of the old pulp writers like Paul Cain don't make it for me.

Raymond Chandler Dashiell Hammett James M. Cain Jim Thompson Charles Williams Patricia Highsmith David Goodis Harry Whittington Charles Willeford Lawrence Block Jason Starr Mickey Spillane Ross Macdonald Chester Himes Gil Brewer Cornell Woolrich Day Keene Dan J. Marlowe Peter Rabe Allan Gutherie Fredric Brown Donald Westlake Jonathan Latimer William McGivern John D. MacDonald

Thanks, Jeff

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: