Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Robert Parker as influence

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 18 Apr 2008

In a message dated 4/18/08 8:41:13 AM, kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com writes:

> If Parker's goal was to
> slavishly imitate Chandler, he failed. But I don't think he was even
> trying. For one thing, his prose style, those short clipped sentences,
> is much closer to Hammett than Chandler.

in finishing Poodle Springs, Parker seemed incapable of imitating Chandler, or even approximating him. everything about his prose and tone seemed so far removed that I suspect that it was in fact intentional

John Lau

************** Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.