RARA-AVIS: Re: Richard Stark's Parker books being reprinted (Grofield)

From: blumenidiot ( blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Apr 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Busted Flush Press
<bustedflushpress@...> wrote:

> University of Chicago mentioned that they have no plans at this time
to do Grofield, and frankly, shhhhhh, don't get them sidetracked... we need them focused on the Parkers first! :-)

Foul Play Press reprinted all four as trades in 1990. I bought my copies at a bookstore that had them a few years after that. I have occasionally seen one or two of them in a used bookstore, but I've never seen the original editions. Almost all my pre-COMEBACK Parkers are the Avon reprints from the 80's though I have seen some of the originals from the 60's. The first I bought few are the trades from Allison Busby. After I read those I started looking for the rest. Pre- internet it took a few years to find all of them. Mark