RARA-AVIS: Re: Richard Stark's Parker books being reprinted

From: blumenidiot ( blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Apr 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> "Those interested probably can find the titles of these [the
Grofield
> books] in the archives, or I'm sure Mark Sullivan will supply them."
>
> Actually, I've only read the first of the Grofield books, though I
have
> all four: The Damsel, The Dame, The Blackbird (which shares its
opening
> chapter with Slayground) and Lemons Never Lie, which is currently in
> print from Hard Case Crime.

Mark, I actually kept my Richard Starks so I could have looked up the titles, but I thought you would know. OK, I guess I'll have to supply the titles. The Parker-Grofield book is THE HANDLE in which Grofield is wounded. In THE DAMSEL Grofield is still recovering in Mexico from the wound at the beginning but obviously is well enough for the book's action.

BTW, Since you are so anal to only read a series in order, how could you have not read the Grofield books when they so interlock with the early Parker books? Mark