RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal Trio

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2008

Just finished the Stark House Gold Medal Trio. Included are The Vengeance Man by Dan Marlowe, Park Avenue Tramp by Fletcher Flora and the Prettiest Girl I Ever Killed by Charles Runyon and it proves that Gold Medal was still cranking out great books even in the mid-60s. These are great reads in the classic GM tradition. These were good choices for reprinting in that they're great books and not that easy to find any more, with the exception maybe of Vengeance Man, which was reprinted by Black Lizard (pre-Vintage).

Even if you could find the original paperbacks you would spend alot more than the list price of $15.95 for this one volume and if you're like I am, more interested in reading them than collecting them, this is the way to go. You don't have to worry about old paperbacks falling apart when you're reading them.

I look forward to Stark House's next offering in the series.

Jeff