Re: RARA-AVIS: Changing standards for masculinity (behavioral, not just muscle)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 11 Apr 2008

Jordan wrote:

"Someone I know who worked in intelligence told me a while back that James Bond was a bit of a satire since it was well known that British intelligence was well known to have a homosexual bent. Ironically, the one author who I've read who did write spy novels where homosexuality is directly referenced is John Gardner, who later wrote many James Bond books."

As I recall, it's implied in Maugham's Ashenden.

Mark