Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: MIA: William Perry

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 08 Apr 2008

jacquesdebierue wrote:

> That's a pretty obscure one... I don't recall ever seeing his books or
> hearing him mentioned. Could it be a pen name?

Certainly could. Will Perry is actually the late WJ Weatherby, a British journalist who was based in New York for a long time. He wrote an OK biography of James Baldwin, with whom he was friendly, and an interesting, curious book called Conversations With Marilyn which was the tale of his unlikely friendship with Ms Monroe. Also quite a good personal account of the civil rights movement from a Brit perspective - can't remember the title. Still I've never read his fiction so thanks for the recommendation.

John