RARA-AVIS: MIA: William Perry

From: johnmarr1 ( johnmarr1@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Apr 2008

Tops on my "whatever the hell happened to..." list is William Perry. He won an Edgar for his first novel, DEATH OF AN INFORMER in the mid '70s. Although not overtly hardboiled, it makes the noir cut with its ultra gritty invocation of Times Square at the height of New York's nightmare years. He followed it up with a decent paperback original
(whose title escapes me) about a returning Viet vet. And then? Nothing that I've ever heard of.

--John