Re: RARA-AVIS: Music

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Apr 2008

I would rather not discuss music here. I know from experience in a couple of other lists that musical allergies can be very acute, far worse than literary allergies. I recall, in particular, a guy who erupted violently every time the name of Frank Zappa was brought up. I don't know what poor Zappa had done to this guy, but it was a visceral
(torrentially visceral...) reaction.

As to lyrics, I usually wait impatiently for the singer to shut up and Charlie Parker (or Zappa, or whoever) to start the solo... essentially, sung words mean nothing to me.

Best,

mrt