RARA-AVIS: The Overlook

From: Stephen Burridge ( stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 28 Mar 2008

 Just wanted to say that I read "The Overlook" and found it a good fast suspenseful read, one of the more difficult-to-put-down yarns I've come across in recent times. Perhaps it's stripped-down Connelly, but that's fine. (As I recall "The Lincoln Lawyer" is also relatively short and fast-moving.) I also remember thinking as I read one of the key scenes, the initial encounter with Mrs. Kent in her bedroom, that this (i.e. the detail of how the characters behaved as well as the plot related stuff they found there) was quite interesting and credible.

Stephen