Re: RARA-AVIS: Changing standards for masculinity (behavioral, not just muscle)

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2008

--- jacquesdebierue < jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That is a very good novel, an example of perfect
> timing. And the great
> Fred Zinemann made a fine film version of it. I saw
> it again recently
> (thanks, Turner) and it impressed me.
************************* I, too, saw it again on Turner and was disappointed with the film. I thought the production value was pretty poor and the casting completely inadequate. I thought Ed Fox, often a very creative actor, was completely miscast as the Jackal. It was remade a couple of years ago as THE JACK EL with Richard Gere. I haven't seen that yet but its reviews were pretty poor. Its hard to imagine that such a spectacular story wouldn't make a better movie. The story is very episodic between the police & the Jackal. Perhaps it would make a better TV serial like Dexter or The Sopranos.

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs