Re: RARA-AVIS: Still on muscles and Dick Powell

From: Mark R. Harris ( brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2008

Powell was a twinkle-eyed cutie in his Thirties musicals; ladies loved him, he had pep. As he aged, I don't think he lost his handsomeness altogether -- that is subjective, of course, but I'm gay and I wouldn't kick him out of bed -- but one begins to discern a pain in him that certainly wasn't apparent earlier. One sees it in Murder My Sweet, I'm told one sees it big-time in Pitfall (which I'm dying to see), one sees it in Cry Danger, one sees it in The Bad and the Beautiful. It is an intriguing quality that is attractive in its own very different way.

Mark

--
Mark R. Harris
2122 W. Russet Court #8