RARA-AVIS: Re: Harry Bosch thru other's eyes

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 26 Mar 2008

michaelconnelly187@...> wrote:
> I have planted many seeds about Harry in Vietnam, about Harry
> as a street cop during the Patty Hearst and SLA period, etc. I have
> gathered string on these times and events. I've done the research so
> that I could write the book. Its just a matter of getting to them.

Thank you for sharing this. One enjoyable aspect of all the Bosch books is when when there are stories from his past, particularly stories of previous investigations that reveal how Bosch knows a particular character. I'm re-reading A Darkness More Than Night as part of this month's theme and have just reached the story of the Little Girl Lost and how Bosch and McCaleb know each other.

michaelconnelly187@...> wrote:
> But having said all of that, I think the idea of writing in read
> time is such a gift. It gives me the power to reflect on what is
> happening in Los Angeles or our society at large almost as it is
> happening.

This thick-headed reader needs to do a better job grasping all that is going on in the books.