RARA-AVIS: Re: Harry Bosch thru other's eyes

From: michaelconnelly187 ( michaelconnelly187@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2008

I don't know how it will end but I know it will end sooner rather than later. LAPD doesn't have a mandatory retirement age -- Jidgsaw john was a famed detective there into his 60s
-- but I've always wanted the hallmark to the series to be a certain accuracy. So if I have lived by that I must die by it and having Harry chasing murder cases much pass age 60 his pushing the envelope of reality. So I'm figuring the progression of the series with Harry carrying a badge stops at about 2012 at the most. But there are a few tricks I can play. The Brass Verdict is set in December 07 but comes out in 08. So there I've added a year to the series. So there are some options. How it all ends though I have not decided. The series is all about light and shadow and tunnels and lost light and so on and so forth. It's built so that Harry's journal is through a tunnel toward the light. So I am hoping that there is something good waiting for him at the end. I wish his daughter would hurry up and grow up so maybe I could have her carry the torch with him as her mentor.