RARA-AVIS: Re: Harry Bosch thru other's eyes

From: michaelconnelly187 ( michaelconnelly187@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Mar 2008

Yes, you are right. The Brass Verdict is a Mickey Haller book so it is in first person and you see the world through his eyes. Bosch place a big part in the book but the scales still tip toward it being a Haller book. So, yes, it was another way of continuing the Bosch story but exploring the character a little bit from another angle. It will be very interesting to see what the reaction is. I think the people who like the Bosch books like them because you know what he is thinking and how he views the world. There is none of that in BV. It's Haller's view so what you have are Bosch's actions and what he says. Never what he's thinking.