Re: RARA-AVIS: New member...hello

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 18 Mar 2008

"Is this group devoted strictly to books that fall into the strict definition of 'noir' or mysteries and thrillers in general?"

Hi June,

If you stick around very long, you'll probably find out many of us can't quite agree on a strict definition of noir and/or hardboiled (have occasional intense definition discussions). Ironically, given that we can't quite agree on the definition, we do largely agree on the books that fall under those labels, from the old (Hammett, Chandler, Cain, etc) to new (Bruen, Connelly, Rankin, etc).

Mark