RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent Purchases

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Mar 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Vorzimmer" <jvorzimmer@...> wrote:
> Bunny Lake is Missing - Evelyn Piper (Feminist Press (CUNY))

Haven't read it or other Piper, as far as I know, but enjoyed the film adaptation, which I first heard about because the Zombies, the 1964-67 UK jazz-pop/harmony rock band, were integral to the soundtrack ("She's Not There" clearly seemed a natural, even if to suggest why below the surface level might amount to a minor spoiler). The re-recording of their "Just Out of Reach" as a promo jingle is quite funny, and Laurence Olivier and Carol Lynley are quite good in the film (the former might be expected to be unless one saw him in the misbegotten THE BETSY).

Todd Mason