RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent Purchases (Machette and now Sallis)

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 17 Mar 2008

Mario answered:
> > The Prone Gunman - Jean-Patrick Manchette (City Lights)
>
> Manchette is great and this book is excellent.
  I would like to echo all praise for this book as well as Machette's THREE TO KILL.

James Sallis' novel DEATH WILL HAVE YOUR EYES would make a terrific companion piece to THE PRONE GUNMAN. Sallis' protagonist is the counterpoint to Gerfault.

Speaking of Sallis, I recently enjoyed SALT RIVER, Sallis' latest book featuring John Turner.