pseudonyms (wasRe: RARA-AVIS: Re: "Star-Stalker" by Robert Bloch)

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 17 Mar 2008

The original British-American, two writers with the same name problem came a little more than a century ago with the American novelist Winston Churchill (b.1871) and the British journalist-historian-MP Winston Churchill (b.1874). The American Churchill had several best selling novels (RICHARD CARVEL (1899) and THE CRISIS (1901))and was probably better known in the early 20th Century.

The two Churchills corresponded and the British Winston graciously volunteered to begin using his middle initial and subsequent books carried the byline Winston S. Churchill. It was all very amicable and the American Winston later sponsored a reception in Boston for the British Winston.

Richard Moore