RARA-AVIS: When She Was Bad by Jonathan Nasaw

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 16 Mar 2008

This is probably more "psychological thriller" than crime novel, but it does have hardboiled and noir elements to it, and it's a hell of a fun read--a very clever rift on Natural Born Killers, where Mickey and Mallory are Lyssy and Lisa, or maybe Max and Lilah, or possibly even Kinch and Lilith--since the lovelorn couple both suffer from multiple personality disorders, and their bad personalities more than rival Mickey and Mallory in murderous glee.

This is the first book I've picked up by Nasaw, and the guy's a terrific writer. I'll be picking up more.