RARA-AVIS: The Big Bounce

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2008

I ran into the paperback and couldn't resist rereading it... a tightly woven hardboiled tale that hasn't aged a bit. My memory of it was vague, but I would say it's one of the very good Leonards, perhaps one of the great ones. It's been overshadowed by his later best-selling work, but it's well worth picking up if you haven't read it or if you only know Leonard's recent work (which reads more like movie scripts). The Big Bounce is a dense, tough urban western (actually, suburban...).

Best,

mrt