RARA-AVIS: Re: Lehane and Pelecanos

From: jxshannon2@aol.com
Date: 11 Mar 2008

I've been dis-empaneled several times now for saying I would not follow the judge's advice on the law if it went against my own conscience. There's some legal word for that doctrine, and I believe it's one of the great secrets of jurisprudence--that judges never want juries to toy with that idea. And, yes, I agree it can be a dangerous concept. It was used in the South for a century to free whites who had hurt or killed blacks.
  John Shannon

**************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)