Re: RARA-AVIS: North Country Noirs

From: decastro3 ( decastro3@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, harry.lerner@... wrote:

> I believe Michael Chabon's Alaskan set THE YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION
> was already mentioned as part of its own thread several weeks back, but
> also fits the bill of northern noir (and admirably so).

This is a book I expect to be reading soon. I really like Chabon's prose...but this is the first I've heard this book labeled a noir. (I know, I know this is open for interpretation) I just wasn't even really expecting it to be all that hard-boiled let alone noir. Now, I'm even more interested in reading it :)

Tony