RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: A twofer by Gil Brewer from Stark House

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Mar 2008

I know little about scanned technology. Is it possible to proofread/fis the text once it has been scanned from the original?

And I agree on the impressive production values on the small press titles.

Ed

--- Ron Clinton < clinton65@comcast.net> wrote:
> I do wish the Gryphon releases were of a higher quality. I
> just picked up five releases -- four Harry Whittingtons and
> one SIN PIT -- and the covers looks to be done by ink- or
> laser-jet printer, and the text is scanned, not reset. Where
> original, there are some typos -- I haven't checked the other
> three Whittingtons, but the one I'm reading has the wrong
> series number on the interior (should be 22, as per the
> cover, not 2) and misspellings like "...get a does of sudden >
death!" Not a big deal in the scheme of things, and I'm

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ