Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: A twofer by Gil Brewer from Stark House

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 08 Mar 2008

> Not to be preachy about it, but this is exactly the kind of production
> that noir fans should support with their coin... We complain that so
> many things are out of print... when they're brought back, we should
> support the effort.

Absolutely. We should be supporting presses like Stark House, Hard Case Crime, Point Blank, No Exit and Gryphon by buying everything they put out. It ain't that much (money) and you won't be disappointed.

I just finished Charles Willeford's Made in Miami (Point Blank) and it was a great read. Reminded me a little of Burnt Orange Heresey and The Woman Chaser. If you like those two novels, I recommend Made in Miami (aka Lust is a Woman).

Jeff