RARA-AVIS: recent purchases

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 06 Mar 2008

Picked these up in a used bookstore today:

Chasing the Devil's Tail by David Fulmer

Recently read Patrick Anderson's rave about his latest, so I picked up his first.

The Cold Spot by Tom Piccirilli

ARC of upcoming PBO about a getaway driver. Dedicated to Ken Bruen (and Michelle), with thanks to Ed Gorman, Allan Guthrie and Duane Swierczynski. I've never read him. Impressive blurbs. Any good? Standalones or parts of a series?

It lists several past books by him. Interestingly, I saw two others by him that are not listed here; they looked like a pair from a cozy series. Guess he's shifted genres, unless there are two Tom Piccirilli like there are two Al Guthries.

Forgive Me, Killer by Harry Whittngton

Black Lizard

The Schemers/But Not Forgotten, an Ace Double by Ruth Fenisong

Never heard of her, but it was cheap and one's a JD novel, so I picked it up. Anyone else heard of her? Any good?

Mark