Re: RARA-AVIS: Connelly sure is a nice man

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 06 Mar 2008

In a message dated 3/6/08 2:30:46 AM, juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi writes:

> As for his short stories, you got a free story when you joined his mailing
> list, but unfortunately I didn't save it. Is it among the ones someone (John
> Lau?) counted? And has it been published in a book?

I'm on the mailing list and have gotten links to three short stories, CIELO AZUL, later published in the short story compilation DANGEROUS WOMEN; CHRISTMAS EVEN, also published in MURDER AND ALL THAT JAZZ; ANGLE OF INVESTIGATION, also published in PLOTS WITH GUNS, edited by Anthony Neil Smith. all are collections of shorts by various writers. his other short stories may have been written for magazines or the specific compilations they appear in. TWO-BAGGER appears in two different books: MURDERER'S ROW and THE BEST AMERICAN MYSTERY STORIES 2002. also, Connelly's newest novel THE OVERLOOK was originally serialized in THE NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY MAGAZINE, but was expanded and reworked for republication as the newest Bosch novel. the nature of the writing of this particular story may have contributed to the predictability that Mark Blume pointed out in an earlier post. or maybe Mark is just one sharp mofo

we'll try and get clarification later this month

John Lau

************** It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money
& Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)