RARA-AVIS: Re: Loren Estleman

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 06 Mar 2008

Fred,

Thanks for mentioning Gas City, which I just finished. I too am a long-time Estleman fan, particularly the Amos Walker series and his Westerns.

I first attempted to read the Walker series in the late 90s, and for some reason it didn't take. This essay by James Sallis gave me the kick in the pants necessary to try again around the time Sinister Heights was released, and after loving that book I worked my way back through the series. You will enjoy reading this if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.grasslimb.com/sallis/GlobeColumns/globe.02.estleman.html

Chris