RARA-AVIS: About Woolrich: minor piece of trivia

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 03 Mar 2008

Woolrich was married for two weeks in the early twenties (or something like that; I'm not sure about the dates). The woman he was married was the daughter of James Stuart Blackton, one of the first practitioneers of animated cinema (his HUMOROUS PHASES OF FUNNY FACES is on YouTube, and I presume several other pieces of his work). I think Blackton had ceased making the animations already by the twenties, but it still tickles me to think that Woolrich would've written screen stories for animated cartoons. You know, funny animals and stuff.

Juri