Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Woody Allen's "Match Point"

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 01 Mar 2008

>I just wanted to weigh in on "Match Point" which is certainly relevant
> to discussions of noir.

Just saw Match Point last night and though I thought it was good, it occurred to me that this story has been done dozens of times, so you know what's coming, even the ending which is given away by the opening words,
"I've always been lucky . . ." I think Theodore Dreiser first wrote this story in An American Tragedy in 1931, which has been made into a movie no fewer than four times, most notably, A Place in the Sun starring Liz Taylor and Montgomery Cliff.

Jeff